484171-001
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
484171-001

484171-001

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy 30th Birthday To The Ibm Pc!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Happy 30th Birthday To The Ibm Pc! Empty
PostSubject: Happy 30th Birthday To The Ibm Pc!   Happy 30th Birthday To The Ibm Pc! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 5:45 pm

August 12th marked 30 years as the IBM Personal Computer was introduced. This computer changed the lifetime of history. Affordable home computer systems made typewriters obsolete. I certainly didn抰 expect living would change so dramatically once i bought my first LAPTOP OR COMPUTER. And of course with the Internet now in more than 75% of all homes in the united states, having a computer means being attached to the world.

The first IBM PC was introduced while using the Microsoft Disk Operating Structure, MS-DOS. DOS was a rather easy to learn THE GW990, and for those of you who remember having to type in commands on the DOS prompt, we have come far away. Now with Windows 7, look screens and voice activated commands, DOS command prompts are but a distant memory on most. Of course I still make use of the command prompt to obtain the back end of my computer and to access hidden features, and having geared up with DOS, I am comfortable with most commands.

Of course the IBM PC hasn't been the first affordable personal computer. Its predecessors included the actual Apple II, the Commodore FURRY FRIEND, the Osborne I, additionally, the Tandy TRS-80. Once the actual IBM PC was released, the industry moved in the direction of 揳 PC on every desk and in each and every home.? Today there are over 400 million PC抯 made available worldwide.

The world is quitting the PC as the primary machine at the core individuals connected lives. According a great article by Todd Bishop, GeekWire, 揝hipments of Internet-enabled electronics devices are motivated to surpass PC deliveries by 2013.? (See the chart below) This suggests the Smartphones, tablets, video games consoles and TVs are making the PC only 1 more tool in your connectivity tool box, as opposed to the main device. Many people get our email and browse the Internet on our Cell phones. We read books on our Kindles, which can also be directly connected via Wi-Fi. Tablets and laptops are putting the PC with the recycle bin. I need to agree with Todd Bishop抯 survey. I have a PC that remains unplugged and stacked up within the corner of my desktop computer closet. I have replaced it that has a laptop, and am considering a tablet as the Kindle tablet comes out.

Commemorating the introduction the actual IBM PC seems proper. But it boggles my mind give some thought to where we will turn out to be technologically speaking in a second 30 years. What regarding you?
Back to top Go down
https://484171-001.forumotion.com

Happy 30th Birthday To The Ibm Pc!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
484171-001 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: