484171-001
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
484171-001

484171-001

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greatest Led Hdtv-lg 47le5400 47-inch 1080p 120 Hz Encouraged Hdtv Reviews.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Greatest Led Hdtv-lg 47le5400 47-inch 1080p 120 Hz Encouraged Hdtv Reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Led Hdtv-lg 47le5400 47-inch 1080p 120 Hz Encouraged Hdtv Reviews.   Greatest Led Hdtv-lg 47le5400 47-inch 1080p 120 Hz Encouraged Hdtv Reviews. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:17 pm

for the LG 47LE5400 47-Inch Borders Lit LED/LCD 1080p TV SET! (what a mouthful! ) This can be a new model and Amazons time for "first available is wrong.
After much comparing, and much online and in-store research I chosen to plunk down my hard earned cash on this bad man. So far, I am very glad I did.

My criteria for choose was a screen no larger than 47 inches (to protect the image quality associated with my AVI files and SD programming) and even something that had fantastic geometry (unlike the Mitsubishi DLP who recently died on me) and something that would display and keep a bright uniform photo. (unlike my Pioneer Plasma did) I also had hoped for a display that may well display a 50hz PAL video signal provided that it was first upconverted to 720p or maybe more. (The LG will NEVER display a 576 sections image, but will carry that image if upconverted, even while remaining 50hz so no format conversion is necessary for motion correctness, simply upconversion to 720p or 1080i or 1080p)

Purchased the set at a brick and mortar location (initials are BB) so if things didn't work out I really could return or exchange it and no problems. I easily carried the box inside my house (I am pushing 70 with arthritis) and obtained the stand assembled and installed on the TV in pertaining to 20 minutes total from earning the box. The TELEVISION FOR COMPUTER is packed well, although not filled with unnecessary packing material. There is a simple start guide included as well as the entire manual resides for the CD-Rom which I personally HATE but more than you can't spill things on right? Also included ended up being warranty materials, a separate pair of instructions and CD-ROM for any web connectivity stuff, a few cable adapters, a cleaning cloth and also the remote with two AAA batteries.

The TV was on perfect condition, wrapped for the reason that foam cloth stuff sufficient reason for the prerequisite plastic film covering the frame bezel. Easy to remove all of that stuff and it would not leave any trace of sticky residue that has been nice. Jacks are group about the rear left with all the USB and headphone jacks to the left side but regarding the bezel. This TV is extremely thin and not all of that secure on it's stand up. The stand is great, but I would would suggest strapping it down any time you put it unless you receive a wall mount of some sort. Just sitting on a table you might be one false move from the turning your beautiful LED TV in a doorstop. And the TV its own matters is very nice to check out, very easy on that eyes really.

I am not currently making use of the web connectivity stuff or simply the Netflix online feature so I can not comment on those functions on this review. If they work along with the rest of the equipment, things should be great. While it is 'internet ready' it doesn't include a wireless dongle to make sure you either need to physically connect it to your router with an Ethernet cord, or purchase a USB wireless dongle from LG. (Yes, they're proprietary, unfortunately)

Connected my HDMI converter cables from my Fios DVR together with Oppo Blu Ray and plugged within the power. This TV will switch on and ask you if you would like 'home use' or "store use' which can be of course flame thrower setting. Pick 'home use' and also go from there. Just remember which inputs you plugged what into to help you easily get to these folks. The manual will explain to you how to custom label your inputs if you can't remember HDMI 1 or 2 roughly forth.

The first thing Used to do was set the picture to "Standard" and lower the back gentle, the contrast, the brightness and color as well as sharpness levels. Then I went in to the advanced settings menu and powered down all the noise diminishment and cut the auto contrast setting as a result of low. The TV will in no way look all that great from the box as it was created to attract your attention in the store, but those setting happen to be pretty useless at home if you would like your picture to glance rich and natural. Overall, it took me maybe 15 minutes to obtain a starting point where I could truthfully watch and be around happy with the graphic.

You can download the manual from LG's website and become familiar with this unit before you simply purchase. That's what I did plus it saved me tons of their time. LG also includes an important 'Picture Wizard' that allows you to easily and quickly calibrate an input to the taste and achieve pretty accurate color and ideal contrast and brightness. After that you can assign that setting to help you any input or inputs you want and save it. That you can do this twice and save each of them with the 'Expert' function and lastly you can adjust the additional preset picture modes and save them in the process. LOTS of options because regard!

A word concerning the 120Hz True Motion. Such as hot sauce, a little goes quite a distance. LG offers you the selection of ON, OFF, LOW, HIGHER and USER. In the user mode you possibly can adjust both judder TOGETHER WITH motion blur separately which is a big improvement in software because of this model I think. In my experience, the True Motion offers almost the same appearance as watching a video tape rather than a film. It does lend itself for some program material, making certain things appear a lot more real, a sort regarding hyper reality. It does introduce other artifacts into the picture quality that you might or may not notice and ultimately it's possible you'll decide not to work with it at all. The nice thing is, it can be switched off but also adjusted to meet your requirements and personal taste. Will it completely eliminate motion blur? Not with a long shot! For at this moment, motion blur is something which is inherent in LCD screens. Maybe someday they will find a way to get them to switch on / off quicker (the pixels) and perchance start putting some beefier processing chips into these false claims as well. As it really is, on very rare occasions the display generally seems to 'skip a beat' and the chip appears to be temporarily overloaded. It all happens in the blink of an eye which is over before it going, but it DOES arise.

The dreaded lip sync issue that you may have heard about regarding LG has happened with me once so far following changing channels on my personal DVR. I had to disconnect the display and reboot plus it went away the very first time. I plan to update the firmware the moment I connect to this Cable router and hopefully it'll be a thing of prior times. I have used it heavily for more than a week and it offers only happened once all this time.

My BIGGEST criteria designed for selecting my new TV was it's capability to play PAL DVD video without conversion. I have an exceptionally large collection of Caribbean and European DVD's and am unhappy with 'converting' them to NTSC even with my Oppo. By making some sense out from the LG specs I had guessed it could possibly display PAL properly without the need of format (50 to 60hz) remodeling, resulting in a greater picture than standard CD could ever provide. THIS WORKS PEREFCTLY! (but you MUST to start with upconvert it to 720p or possibly 1080i or 1080p for the LG every single child display it. Any upconverting DVD gambler can accomplish that for you personally! ) So far, only my Pioneer Plasma may well display PAL without conversion so this was a huge plus to do. My Babylon 5 COMPANION DVD's look VERY near to HD and a proper revelation, not to reference my LOTR Extended Designs in glorious PAL!! Additionally, standard NTSC DVD video is very good, depending on your musician and source material and heli-copter flight air (or off Fios around my case) SD material looks great. And it goes without saying that Blu Beam or HD DVD material only will blow you away if the set is even essentially calibrated.

By the end of your day I had either my DVR and Blu Ray inputs calibrated to my liking and I must say the overall display quality is nothing short associated with excellent. Sounds is 'ok', not really too awful, but not good enough to satisfy a video clip lover. (hook up to a surround system and you will be glad you did)

To date, I have just ONE complaint and for most people this is a large one. In a phrase, FLASHLIGHTING!
This is if the LED's which illuminate typically the LCD pixels shine in the edges of the graphic and make there way directly into dark areas on a person's screen, such as evening, or a fade out there. During any other moment the picture is superior, but no matter how low I set the spine light (within reason) you can easily see it during every dark scnes. I personally have chosen to ignore this challenge and just enjoy the tv.

You will not notice the flashlighting problem in typically the store. They make sure and provide program material that never goes dark to the edges so any too little contrast or flashlighting are hidden from your consumer. Bring your own USB drive which includes a movie that features lots of dark scenes, the new Harry Potter concerns mind, and you will dsicover for yourself. That's obviously if they let you choose to do that!

I had also considered the Vizio 47 in LED LCD set for about the same price and IT features local dimming within the LED array which does away with this flashlighting problem. I simply don't feel comfortable yet with Vizio for a brand and opted for your LG. Videophiles would think I'm nuts, but there you've it! Neither Vizio neither the king of localized dimming LED, Samsung, may display native PAL video clip. I feel I made the best choice for me anyway.

This TV really gives you a HUGE wealth for signal processing tools (adjustments) to shape your display quality any way you are interested to be. There are 2 expert modes that enable you to tweak and calibrate to the hearts content, and not really my Pio Kuro had this degree of control over it. Truthfully, except for the flashlighting problem We're totally happy with the LG. Honestly, I can live from it, but many could not necessarily. I would say the average person would rarely, if possibly notice it, but it IS there and therefore a deal breaker for most would be buyers.

With that in mind, This TV seems that they are well made with the best solid build quality, the remote is much better than most (although I recently use a Harmony One for everything) and it also does everything I are interested to do and extra. Now lets see when the thing holds up to help heavy use. As a parting thought I would suggest going with some kind of extended warranty. Either thru the place of purchase or even a company like Square Trade could be good as they enable you to purchase your extended warranty any time during the original warranty with the product. HAPPY TV BROWSING!

UPDATE 5/30/10: After 3 weeks of by using this TV, and taking enough time to properly calibrate typically the inputs (using Digital Video tutorial essentials and THX Optimizer) Concerning come to some a conclusion......
The 5400 performs Perfectly for SD sources, each AVI based, Standard DIGITAL VIDEO DISC and SD cable programs. (subject to whatever compression our cable company or possibly DVD manufacturer has added) Xvid encoded files rate excellent to almost HD to look at. Really nice! The vertical banding is visible during extremely WHITE based scenes with side to side camera pans. It is bothersome occasionally, but I am opting for to ignore it in support of this sets strong tips. I continue to be amazed because of the quality off unconverted Pal DVD playback with this thing. My Fios premium channels have taken on an almost a 3d model quality and I oftentimes find myself just viewing this thing in surprise and shaking my head in disbelief occasionally. No kidding!. If you spent another thousand roughly on a top local dimming Samsung you might do better, otherwise I feel this TV is successful and I still don't have a buyers remorse. I put my unique Mitsubishi DLP (newly repaired) within my walk-in closet in the event of disaster striking the LG. I see the UNIVERSAL SERIES BUS wireless adapter is finally available so I will be ordering that next month and considering the Netflix performance as well as other widgets and content solutions.

UPDATE 6-14-10 Finally received around to connecting towards the net with this detail. It was very very easy. I just plugged in a Ethernet cable from my router but it instantly set itself up without the need of help from me. Went about programming any Yahoo Widgets next even though it was a piece painstaking, it worked excellent. Set up my You Tube account in addition and after signing during (and telling it to settle signed in) it works like a charm. Netflix will be next in mere 2 weeks, but for the present time it all looks and works great. I use a fast net connection thus don't foresee any challenges with Netlfix, even the particular HD content. My final update is going to be posted after checking apart Netflix performance..... Stay Tuned....

LAST UPDATE 6-16-10
OK, I will give a good report within the Network capabilities and interface. Right now I am linked with my computer and extra hard disk drives on a wireless LAN set up in my media home. I have the LG connected on to my router via this Ethernet connection. (didn't wish to chance the bandwidth making use of their wireless dongle) I am using a very inexpensive Compaq (under 309 bucks new) and utilizing Nero Media Home 5 as my server software although Windows 7 includes such software on their own. The LG is optimized for that Nero program and the usual version is included with each of your TV purchase from LG. I setup my computer for Interact sharing and let emergeny room rip!
How does that work? IN a phrase............. G R E Some sort of T!!! So fa the LG can certainly hand ALL formats I've thrown at it. It outperforms (by miles) an Asus O'Play as well as the USB playback in my Oppo BDP-80. I'm getting flawless playback, actually on HD files regarding large size and bitrates. The consumer interface is nice. There are lots of options and it is intuitive. The software around the LG even remembers your home if you stop a file and need to resume later. It is rather well thought out with an added extra. With this modest system We have in place, it is like having my very own on demand channel who only plays the stuff I adore! I really can't say enough good things about the performance. It is truly great and for that reason much nicer than real estate standalone media players available on the market right now.
So after almost per month now, I totally LIKE this TV!! Honestly, I am not all of that hip about computers and networks and i obtained it to work within a few hours and beyond any with my expectations. Just plugging inside a USB hard drive or thumb drive to your TV jacks and bypassing networking could well be simple as can be and yield the exact same excellent results. And that is just a bonus option. WOW! I am SO glad I purchased this TV and hope other individuals with similar needs will endeavour this out and view for themselves. I am In love with LG for now!
Back to top Go down
https://484171-001.forumotion.com

Greatest Led Hdtv-lg 47le5400 47-inch 1080p 120 Hz Encouraged Hdtv Reviews.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
484171-001 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: